Mysterious ways

"Earlier on this week I was driving on the South Circular and I drove past a church with a big sign outside it with big capital letters, which said: 'You won't get to heaven on the South Circular.' And I thought: 'No, but I will get to Tooting, where I live. Where all my stuff's kept."

Stewart Lee, Fist of Fun.

Brockley Central is not a god-fearing sort of blog, but this post has shaken our atheist convictions to their very foundations. For if God does exist, then he / she / it would surely choose to make their presence felt on a train between London Bridge and Brockley. We find this far more convincing proof of God's greatness than milky statue tears or stigmata.

Although Jez doesn't reveal what the almighty said, hopefully it was something more helpful than "can you move down please!?".

6 comments:

Tressillian James said...

This is the excerpt from the blog:

"After over seven hours of travelling, it was while on the final leg of the journey, a ten minute train ride from London Bridge to Brockley that God finally spoke to me, using a woman sitting a couple of seats along from me. Right now I don't want to share what she said, but I realised internally the truth of the message, at least in its origins"

Suggestions on what the woman might have said:

" Life is like a pasty on the train of life - tasty on the outside but smelly and rancid when bitten "

or

"give to those with hand outstretched, story of homeless woe, and cur on string"

or

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph - you're stepping on me foot your dozy eeijit"

andy pandy pudding & pie said...

My cats on heat.

Headhunter said...

God, those bloody cats.... Anyone round here got dogs?

Monkeyboy said...

I remember that church. It had a poster once years ago...

"seven days without God makes one weak"

With copy like that the minister should be flogging Mars Bars on the telly.

Anonymous said...

Bring back fist of fun!

Anonymous said...

I think she said: "Beware the elderly anti-capitalist demonstrator. He cause big trouble on little blog"

Latest Tweets

Brockley Central Label Cloud

Click one of the labels below to see all posts on that subject. The bigger the label, the more posts there are!