Brockley twinned with East Manchester

Brockley Central has been doing a bit of work for Manchester City Football Club recently and we are hoping to pluck up the courage at some point to ask for an interview with Brockley's first son, Shaun Wright-Phillips, who is back in East Manchester, enjoying his football again.

The club will be giving the stadium a major makeover next year and has asked fans to contribute their memories of their first City game via a website. The best entries will then be immortalised with giant quotes and photography which will fill the stadium concourses.

So this part shameless plug for the site and part curiousity as to whether we have any Manchester City fans on Brockley Central - or anyone who grew up with Wright-Phillips?

9 comments:

Moira said...

I'm a Citeh fan. Can you get me any freebies?

Brockley Nick said...

Well you're one I wouldn't have guessed

And the answer to your question is almost certainly no.

:)

drakefell debaser said...

As a Liverpool supporter I much prefer City to United but then bears poo in the woods as well.

Wright Phillips did the right thing by going back to playing first team at City rather than being a bench warmer at Chelski.

I hope you get the interview though.

zbyshka said...

City fan here, as well!

Brockley Nick said...

Thanks!

Richard said...

I played football against Bradley Wright-Phillips both at primary school and in Kent Youth Leagues. The last time I played him was about a year before he showed up on match of the day following his brother at Man City - he was a poor footballer (as was I!) aged 18 and yet less than 12 months down the line he was playing in the premiership!

He actually threatened to slit my throat when I dared touch his shoulder to keep tabs on how close he was to me! Lovely guy

Anonymous said...

I can only assume he lived outside of the Conservation Area

Anonymous said...

Another Blue here as well. First match at Maine Road - a 3-2 home defeat by Wolves in December 1979. Good to start off with a defeat as it got me used to what was to come in the following years. CTID etc.

Good luck with the interview.

lauren cole said...

Very great post with excellent and insightful information. Thanks for sharing.

Flatshare Manchester

Latest Tweets

Brockley Central Label Cloud

Click one of the labels below to see all posts on that subject. The bigger the label, the more posts there are!