Brockley artist network

We've been contacted by local artist Iwona, who's hoping to create a network for artists living or working locally.

We're aware of the Tea Leaf Arts Group and the creative community network in Telegraph Hill and we'll be putting her in touch with each of these, but her idea sounds more like an informal social group. If you'd be interested in joining please get in touch with her, or suggest other groups she may wish to contact, please recommend them here.

Hi Brockley

I want to start up an ideas sharing / support network of artists living in Brockley. The purpose would be to meet and discuss work, share ideas, and get feedback. The meetings could potentially take place every couple of weeks.

Now a bit about me. I am a performance and video artist and a recent graduate of Goldsmiths College. I have moved to London from Canada about two years ago. I am interested in exploring the dynamics of relationships, and expectations that various social situations produce.

If you are interested in being part of this, please get in touch with me at i.majdan@yahoo.co.uk

13 comments:

Headhunter said...

Will this be like the Bloomsbury Group? Will we see budding Virgian Wolfs blossom in Brockers? Shame it couldn't be tied in with existing things like Open Studios and Tea Leaf Arts, starting ANOTHER arts initiative is just fracturing the Brockley arts community further surely?

Brockley Nick said...

HH, why do you automatically assume it couldn't be tied in with existing things? I think she's quite happy to do so. But are there existing fortnightly social get-togethers for artists of the kind she describes? If not, then she's admirably trying to fill a gap.

Headhunter said...

Yep, I just wondered if it would be easier to set something up by tapping into the existing network for Open Studios, there's a couple on Manor Ave, I've forgotten their name, think it sounds French. They live in a house down near the junction with Ashby Rd and they basically organise Open Studios and know all the artists in the area. Tea Leaf could be the venue....

Anonymous said...

Hugh must be busy - artistic totty opportunity

Lady said...

Does Iwona know about all the local artists' initiatives I wonder? I think a regular meeting would be great and I'd like to get involved.
Is Headhunter an artist and would he like to help out?

Headhunter said...

I appreciate art, I don't create it. I haven't yet discovered an artistic bone in my body but I happily support things like Open Studios and hope that Tea Leaf does well. If there's anything you need help with let me know, I'll give anythnig a go....

Anonymous said...

HH, that's great. I need a life model...

Headhunter said...

So you need me to get my kit off and sit around for several hours... I'll have to think about that!

Anonymous said...

Yes please, that's exactly it. BTW I'm a Polaroid artist..

Headhunter said...

So "artist" is a colloquial term for someone who wants to take shots of me in the buff....?

Headhunter said...

....in that case I'm definitely interested. When do you need me?

Anonymous said...

YES...up for it?

Anonymous said...

Go west young man, go west

Latest Tweets

Brockley Central Label Cloud

Click one of the labels below to see all posts on that subject. The bigger the label, the more posts there are!