Dance 2009, Lewisham College, June 16-18 2009


Courtesy of Brockley Central's new friends at Lewisham College, here are the details of Dance 2009:

Over 70 Lewisham College Dance students will be taking to the stage next week as part of their end of year performances.

Dance 2009, the spectacular end of year extravaganza showcasing the skills of the entire Dance Department will be held in the College’s Tressillian Theatre from 16-18 June.

A range of styles will be performed from jazz, contemporary, to dance theatre and musical theatre.

Dance Programme Area Leader Rebecca Litteck says that Dance 2009 has given the students a fantastic chance to work alongside renowned professional choreographers. She said:

“Working alongside professional choreographers has given the students a great opportunity to engage with the industry. We’re really proud of the show, it’ll be lively, exciting and dynamic.”

For the graduating students, this marks the end of a significant journey. Final year Dance student, Hannah Anderson-Ricketts, can’t wait. She said:

“Dance 2009 is the big finale. People can come and see what we’ve been doing – all of our hard work. This is what it’s all about.

“If you’re interested in coming to do Dance at Lewisham College then it’s a great way of seeing what the courses have to offer, and what you could be doing.”

Shows will be at 2pm and 7.30pm in the Lewisham Way Campus’ Tressillian Theatre, June 16-18 2009. If you wish to reserve tickets please email Lisa.McGough@lewisham.ac.uk or ring 020 8694 3227.

Ticket are £6 in advance – reserved tickets must be paid within 3 days of booking.

Matinee tickets are free for all college, school students and OAPs.

24 comments:

Comment said...

I think this was priced a bit too highly, £3.00 would've be better.

Tyrwhitt Michael said...

"A range of styles will be performed from jazz, contemporary, to dance theatre and musical theatre."

What no Lap or Pole?

Terribly sorry for the purile schoolboy humour but I just couldn't resist it.....

Comment said...

Hmm, Tyrwhitt Michael have you tried out The White Hart in New York for drinks and things?

Tyrwhitt Michael said...

Bit of a long way to go! Wouldn't its namesake in New Cross be easier?

Comment said...

Ha! indeed, I got distracted, but the question still holds, you seem to have a good knowledge of the bars & entertanment spots in the vicinity. So have you been in the White Hart, since the 're vamp'?

Tyrwhitt Michael said...

No I haven't I'm afraid.

I went in the Queen Anne in Vauxhall, for research purposes you understand, many years ago now but I think the White Hart might be too much for my poor old dicky ticker.

Hugh is always on the look out for Top Totty, perhaps we should send him down to give us a review.

Comment said...

Ok thank you, I have to say I am very curious as to what's going on at that place and how the residents are coping but not curious enough to pop though. We need a full blooded journalist.

drakefell debaser said...

The Queen Anne is not far from my office and I have been in there once on a similar research programme with colleagues.

It is awful, the beer was stale and I got shouted at by a dancer because I didn’t want to give her a quid, so I left.

M said...

Ha! I went there once too - never again. Horrible place, so depressing.
Perhaps we should form a Queen Ann support group - Brockley branch.

drakefell debaser said...

I am surprised to see so many victims of that dump on here. Any support group will be the first of its kind.

I am sure that Unique's at the White Hart is very similar with people that shouldn’t ever get their kit off, getting their kit off and getting paid.

No wonder my mum told me that men are stupid.

Anonymous said...

I do wonder how viable these sort of places are.

Maybe they make their money at weekends attracting the 'cheapskate stag drink up with the blokes at the office' market.

That niche is generally served by long established premises on the Hackney Rd. Woe betide the customer who refuses to put in a pound in the beer glass after each performance.

At the other end of the market, there is the likes of 'Stringfellows or 'Spearmint Rhino', which aimed at well heeled City boys who can afford to spend a £100 or more ogling silicone. They too get shirty when if you try to shove anything less than a £20 in their garter.

The whole business is appalling.

I mean, what sort of future do those poor college students have to look forward to?

I think there is a case for some serious journalism here. A Brockley Central special investigation?

Brockley Nick said...

If you all want to have a whip round to meet my expenses, then I am prepared to go deep cover.

M said...

As a stripper?

Anonymous said...

Assuming you have all the appropriate clothing (or lack of it) already, I have the 2p for your expenses, please proceed and report back.

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to turn up and put 50p in the slot, as it were.

Anonymous said...

I believe the protocol is the insertion of cash into a garter (worn on the upper thigh), so coins might be tricky.

Anonymous said...

I think I covered it pretty well in my previous post.

shine a light, fool said...

Slot being the operative word.

Anonymous said...

I think you wouldn't be able to put anything in a 'slot', unless by prior arrangement, but you're right of course.

Anonymous said...

Paper currency would offer a challenge both in the insertion and the removal.

shine a light, fool said...

especially if it results in a paper cut.

Anonymous said...

Stick a bit of salt on it?

shine a light, fool said...

Ah, natures antiseptic. Bonjela might be kinder though.

Tyrwhitt Michael said...

Oh dear

I knew I shouldn't have started this....

But Nick I never thought you would encourage this type of thread by mentioning whips!

We need the doggers to clean this up.

Bag it and bin it.

Latest Tweets

Brockley Central Label Cloud

Click one of the labels below to see all posts on that subject. The bigger the label, the more posts there are!