Brockley Nature Reserve Open Days


Helen, from the London Wildlife Trust, has been in touch to let us know about the new, regular opening hours for the Brockley Nature Reserve, Vesta Road.

It's open every second Saturday of the month, between 12pm and 5pm. The Reserve is open to all but tricky to navigate for wheelchair and buggy users, due to the uneven paths.

They're also looking for volunteers to help keep the reserve clean and tidy and keep the paths clear of vegetation. If you're interested, please click here to get in touch via email.

6 comments:

drakefell debaser said...

Good to know this has regular opening times as I have been wanting to go for about 3 years now and always found it locked.

Headhunter said...

Bit of a random one but vaguely nature related I suppose. When I moved into Brockley I bought an enormous sack of daffodil bulbs which I spent ages planting all over the garden. The 1st spring I was there, they were fantastic - enormous yellow flowers all over the place.

However ever year since then there have been fewer and fewer flowers and lots of leaves and that's about it. This year seems to be the worst ever, no flowers at all and ONLY leaves....

Anyone out there a bone fide daffodil expert? Why are they not flowering?

Anonymous said...

I'm certainly no expert but I know that commercial daff crops have been running weeks if not months behind where they normally are due to the cold weather.

Headhunter said...

I know they're running late but mine have all sprouted leaves now, it's just that there are now flower stalks at all, no buds, just loads n loads of leaves...

Anonymous said...

maybe they are all male - or female ? ? ? ? ?

Node said...

Yeah I too suffer from blind daffs.

There's some info about the prob here-

http://www.gardenforumhorticulture.co.uk/blind-daffodils.htm

Brockley Central Label Cloud

Click one of the labels below to see all posts on that subject. The bigger the label, the more posts there are!