Parking again - with a twist!

George: I can't park in a garage.
Elaine: Why?
George: I don't know, I just can't. Nobody in my family can pay for parking, it's a sickness. My father never paid for parking; my mother, my brother, nobody. We can't do it.
Elaine: I'll pay for it.
George: You don't understand. A garage. I can't even pull in there. It's like going to a prostitute. Why should I pay, when if I apply myself, maybe I could get it for free?
- Seinfeld

A BC reader who's been among those calling for more ruthless parking controls in the area, has experienced some rough justice. "Upper Toff" writes:

Having recently blogged on the issue of illegal parking at the cross and other streets and requesting the need for a 2 hour CPZ in streets close to the station (allowing residents to be excluded!!! and preventing daily commutors from parking), I am amazed/ outraged that yesterday having parked on UBR - I recieved a ticket!

There is a faint double yellow line - why it is there I haven't a clue... it has not been painted recently and is not obvious! You would assume that traffic wardens are present to uphold traffic laws... has anyone seen them around targetting poorly parked cars in areas where traffic flow is adversely affected? Or are the wardens hell bent on targetting cars in a quiet residential street where a yellow double line is hardly noticeable?

I will of course appeal the ticket issued... I parked late at night and had no idea that this space is a "no parking zone". Plenty of cars are parked in this spot time and time again, there is no logic as to why a ticket has been given (apart from faint yellow lines !), this spot doesn't impede upon anyones safety.

The corner of UBR and the one way for example, usually has a vehicle parked blocking view at the junction - why is there not a double yellow here?

If the council are committed to enforcing traffic laws perhaps they should focus on drawing up double yellow lines at key junctions where parked cars obstruct vision for all! Any chance you could raise this issue- still fuming about my ticket!