To celebrate the new walking and cycling route between New Cross and Deptford Town Centres, TfL and Design London are helping to fund a Christmas fair this weekend. North Lewisham Links is a Council-led project, intended to provide better connections between communities and local amenities.
Attractions at the fair on Saturday will include:
- a big wheel – get a free bird’s eye view of the improved route and the wider Deptford and New Cross landscape (10am-7pm, Margaret McMillan Park)
- rickshaws offering free rides between New Cross and Deptford market (9am-5pm)
- a 'smoothie bike' (11am-3pm, Douglas Way)
- a brass band and performances by Deptford Churches Together (12noon-1pm, Giffin Square)
- a kids’ Christmas tree decorations workshop by Other World Arts (1.30-3.30pm, Giffin Square)
- fun and games with Bureau Of Silly Ideas, Teatro Vivo and Madcap Coalition (11am-3pm, various locations)
- information stalls on local walking and cycling initiatives and the on-going regeneration of Deptford town centre (11am-3pm, Douglas Way)
- Christmas tree lights switch-on (3-3.30pm, Giffin Square)
- artisan market, Morris dancing, BBQ, mulled wine and music (11am-6pm, Tanners Hill).
Other activities will take place on Sunday around the Deptford Project railway carriage café on the high street.
Thanks to Tabitha for letting us know.