Who knew that almost all of the best things in Lewisham were in or around Lee? You know, Lee.
Londonist has compiled its list of "Top 10 Things to Do in Lewisham".
Some of the decisions are a little bizarre: Mountsfield Park gets the sympathy vote, The Dacre Arms in Lee is 'best pub' (we've been, it really isn't) and there's no nomination for Browns in the 'Best Coffee Shop' category, but two for El's Kitchen and Degustation, despite the fact that neither is a coffee shop and Degustation recommended we pop to Costcutter when we once asked if they sold ground coffee.
Overall, New Cross, Blackheath, Brockley and Deptford have been robbed, but it's a good reminder of how much lurks on our doorstep:
1. Best restaurant: Villa Moura, Blackheath/Lee
2. Best museum: Horniman Museum, Forest Hill
3. Best venue: Dirty South, Lewisham
4. Best pub: The Dacre Arms, Lee
5. Best coffee shop: Cafe of Good Hope, Hither Green
6. Best random activity: The Green mini golf, Hither Green
7. Best shop: Gennaro Delicatessan, Lewisham
8. Best takeaway: Babur, Crofton Park
9. Best park: Mountsfield Park, Catford
10. Best library: Manor House library, Lee