The Running Clan

Lee writes:

Fancy joining a Hilly Fields running club?

I am a keen runner living in Brockley and would like to see if there is interest in a local running club. I envisage our organised runs starting from Hilly Fields and ranging in distance and pace to suit the membership that we attract. There would be a particular focus on helping new runners to enjoy this wonderful sport.

If you are interested in finding out more, please email Lee Cash at leealexandercash@gmail.com with the subject line "Hilly Fields Running Club".

7 comments:

A (Non) Y. Mice said...

I wonder whether visiting the Hilly Fields park run on a Saturday morning and talking to people before and after the run might find you some interested people? After all - you're at least assuring yourself of an audience with an interest in running ...

NC23 said...

I'd love to start running and join in with a club. Having never really run before and being rather unfit I think I would need alot of encouragement and help as I would likely be trailing at the back.

damnyoualltohell said...

I think we tried to get something similar going years ago. Nothing came of - not to say it's not worth trying again, but you might have better luck soliciting for fellow masochists at the Parkrun on Saturday

John Huntingdon said...

I prefer ladywell fields for running. It's flatter and there's more scope for a decent distance without having to go around in a tight loop.

Jack said...

there is already a running club in the area who run around hilly fields quite regularly - http://www.kentac.org.uk/

Richard Elliot said...

I'm a member of Kent AC. They are a fantastic club and have three different groups which should suit all levels. The main training session is on a Tuesday night at the Ladywell track, but many of us meet up and run during the week too.


I'm sure there is room for more than one running club in the area, but as per Jack's comment there is another club out there.

James Burrows said...

There is Hilly Fields parkrun there each saturday, but you'd probably be better trying one of the local established running clubs - Kent AC or Dulwich runners

Brockley Central Label Cloud