Paleo and interesting

Ceri writes:

On Sunday 12th May 2013 from 2-4pm I am delighted to be hosting London’s first pop up Paleo afternoon tea in Cafe Crema, New Cross, South East London.

Through my first pop-up event I will demonstrate how tasty, fun and good for you Paleo treats can be. As part of the event I will also be spilling the beans about the ingredients you will be eating why I choose to use them in my recipes.

The event is being held in aid of the Mick Knighton Mesothelioma Research Fund (MKMRF).   In June 2012 I lost my mother to Mesothelioma, a lung cancer caused by asbestos exposure. MKMRF exists to fund much needed research into the terminal disease. My Mum passionately raised money for them throughout her illness and I’d like to continue to do in her memory.  After venue hire all money will go directly to charity. I will be funding the cost of the ingredients myself

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

this looks awesome and i'd love to get involved, being a paleo convert myself. unfortunately £17.50 is just too much for me at this time but i wish them all the best and hopefully it will be a success and make more paleo converts!

Ian on the Hill said...

@Ceri, I've reposted this to the UK Paleo fb page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/paleouk/?fref=ts

terrencetrentderby said...

I dislike these cupcakes that seem to be everywhere now, pretty yes but way too sweet and all covered in essentially the same tasting and sickly butter icing.

Give me an honest apple pie or fairy cake any day.

Sugar Rush said...

Selling high-cal sugar-rich treats aimed at youngsters in support of a health charity sounds like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Ceri Jones said...

Thanks Ian !

Ceri Jones said...

That's where my cupcakes are different. Yes they are sweet, but only enhanced with a little of naturally occurring lower GI sugars such as Raw honey or coconut palm sugar. I've balanced out the sweetness with a menu that is half savoury, half sweet. Perfect for an occasional indulgence (I certainly don't eat afternoon tea daily nor promote it!)

Ceri Jones said...

Thanks for your comment. Yes, my menu includes sugary treats - but only a little of naturally occurring lower GI sugars such as Raw honey or coconut palm sugar. A mere smidgen of what you might expect in a traditional afternoon tea menu. I've balanced out the sweetness with a menu that is half savoury, half sweet. Perfect for an occasional indulgence (I certainly don't eat afternoon tea daily nor promote it and I will be discussing this aspect with all my guests). Life is all about balance and an afternoon tea like this to raise money for charity is in my mind a perfectly balanced idea.

terrencetrentderby said...

I agree, it's like Coke and McDonalds sponsoring Lord Coe's Games.

Nice apple pies though.

Ruth _ said...

I despair at the challenging comments here set against the generosity of human spirit which Ceri is trying to do. I think setting up a pop up shop in aid of charity is undesputably marvellous .

Monkeyboy said...

i wouldnt worry, no mark is a classic Troll, his opinions are snide, unimaginative and disposable.

Ceri Jones said...

awesome thanks for the support :)

Please support BC by clicking here when you shop with Amazon

Brockley Central Label Cloud