Brockley immortalised

Ladywell
Simone writes:

Being a massive fan of Brockley and an artist, I've made some postcards of my favourite local landmarks (Carpet Corner I know is a strange choice of landmark but it makes me happy) and was wondering if you'd be interested in doing a shout out about these packs? I'm hoping to persuade some local shops to stock them.

These came about because ten year ago some pals and I did a billboard campaign called 'Happiness in Brockley' and one of the posters had my rabbit Fluffy and his Dad on Endwell Rd. This is a kind of a follow on from that image (in Brockley).

Visit Simone's blog here.
Brockley Road

10 comments:

Brockley Jon said...

That's a big fat Like from me.

Alex Margolies said...

With Brockley Jon on that. It's got to be Slater & King to stock them.
To paraphrase Field of Dreams, "If you stock them, they will but them"...

Tamsin said...

Golly ten years ago, is it. But they were absolutely lovely - a smile every time one passed by.

Paul Astles said...

They're great. You should try Magi Gifts on Brockley Road opposite the Barge

Alex said...

They're lovely. If you take the errant apostrophe out of greeting's, they'd be perfect.

glenn said...

I remember doing some local PR with artists for 'Happiness in Brockley', whereby artists took over advertising boards. I've still got five framed original postcards, but dont think the 'blue on green' light bulbs I was also promoting at the time on Rushey Green survived!

Flower Delivery Guy said...

the great evolution is coming to Brockley, slowly. Love the Carpet Corner.

Simone Lia said...

Thanks so much for your feedback, amazed that people remember those billboards still. It would be really cool to do 'Happiness in Brockley 2, and have the Brockley Road image of the old station masters house on the billboard showing - a picture within a picture.

Thanks Alex re errant apostrophe, am kicking myself now!

Aricana said...

I thought the Happiness in Brockley billboard posters were great too. Hope to see the second in the series soon......

Simone Lia said...

These are available in Magi's now. Thank you! Simone

Brockley Central Label Cloud