Cllr Johnson to step down in 2014

Brockley Councillor Darren Johnson this morning announced that he will not seek re-election next year. The London Assembly Chair says:

It’s been a real honour representing Brockley Ward for the Green Party on Lewisham Council since 2002. However, I’ve made the decision to step down and not seek re-election when my current term ends next May. I’ve enjoyed it immensely and worked with some wonderful local residents over the years on a whole range of issues. Twelve years is a long time, though, and I do want to find a bit more time to for some of my other passions in life, such as seeing live music. 

I’ll be enthusiastically supporting our new Green Party candidates for the ward when our team is in place and will be working hard for continued Green success in Brockley Ward in the local elections next May.

Darren has been a truly excellent servant of Brockley over the last decade and his departure is a big loss. It also marks the end of an era for Green Party politics in the area.