James writes:

We have just launched an new underwater hockey club at Forest Hill Pools and I would like to offer BC readers the chance to have a free have-a-go session at 7.15pm, Friday 10th January 2014. Meet in the lobby of Forest Hill Pools. You can just come along but if possible please email me james@bayley.me.uk with your shoe size so I can confirm your place and sort out kit for you.

Underwater hockey is played with a lead puck and a short stick; swimmers wear a mask, snorkel and fins. We are set up to train absolute beginners and supply all the kit for the session. It has all the virtues of swimming to keep fit but is actually fun! Here is a promo video.

The men and women is this video are really good but don't worry, we are not! The youngest member of our club is 12 and the oldest 67 and we all play in the same game!


GarsAmy said...

do you just turn up or do you need to sign up somewhere?

Anonymous said...

This sounds like the craziest sport ever. I love it!

Brockley Nick said...

Pretty sure you just turn up.

Budgie not for smuggling said...

Do you have to wear Speedos?

Brockley Nick said...

Even on your walk to the pool.

James Bayley said...

Hello Amy,

You can just turn up but it helps me if I know who's coming so I can sort out kit for you.

Please send an email to james@bayley.me.uk with your shoe size and mobile number. I am on 07989 381331 if you have any questions.


James Bayley said...

It is great fun and anyone who can swim can do it. We provide all the training and kit for your first couple of sessions. You can just turn up but it would really help me if you send me your name, shoe size and mobile number to james@bayley.me.uk so that I can sort out kit.


James Bayley said...

No. You would not catch me dead in speedos. I have to say that younger, fitter and more competitive people do where them.

James Bayley said...

Thank you for the support Nick,

Luke said...

I'm in - will message you details requested.

James Bayley said...

See you there Luke. Please note that it is 7.15 in the evening.

Brockley Central Label Cloud