Vintage Tea

Hilary wants to tell you about her new Brockley venture called Tea for Two. She writes:

I hire-out out vintage crockery (tea cups mostly) to friends and friends of friends. I have just launched my new website as I'm trying to grow the business. I would love local people to hear about it.

Basically, I want to help throw tea parties that make people happy! I'm not a caterer, but my website explains where the idea for the business came from and I know there is a market for it - particularly for people doing weddings and parties on a budget.

I work at a higher education college by day and have an MA in community work so I am keen on the 'social capital' side. If there are any charities that want to use it for free, I am potentially up for that.


HilaryTeafortwo said...

Thanks for posting about this Nick! Don't hesitate to get in touch via my website if you've got any queries all.

DH&SCC said...

Thanks to this post, over 40 isolated older people had a fantastic spring party using Hilary's beautiful crockery in Nunhead yesterday!

Hilary donated it for free to Dulwich Helpline and Southwark Churches Care, a local charity linking volunteers up with older people in need of social contact and practical support. We're always on the look out for new supporters and for local volunteers who could regularly visit a local older person, help out with occasional gardening or odd-jobs that older people are struggling to manage, or volunteer at one of our 20 regular activity groups.

If anyone is looking for a way to volunteer in your local community, have a look at our website for more information - and get in touch if you want more information.

Thanks to Nick for playing a part in this great connection!

Brockley Central Label Cloud