Over nine days, Brockley Max, the community-led arts festival, will showcase amazing talent from the local area, with mostly free events ranging from gigs, parties, comedy, film, poetry and activities for kids.
The opening night open air concert will begin at 5pm on May 30th outside Brockley Station, with performers of all ages, from street dancers to Cornish folk music.
- Saturday 31 May: The Artist Flea Market, with an eclectic array of work at rock-bottom prices from local studio clear-outs and unrealised projects. Dragonfly Place, midday to 5pm
- Sunday 1st June: Always wanted to have a go at using video cameras or DSLR? The Robo Films Film School workshop will give you a taster of how free yourself from auto mode and get to grips with lighting, sound, composition and directing. Misty Moon Gallery, 10am-6pm
- Monday 2nd June: Join Martin Rowson, cartoonist for The Guardian and Brockley resident, for an illustrated talk on the history of satire - Cartoons and Visual Satire: The Last 32,000 Years. Brockley Social Club, 8pm
- Tuesday 3rd June: An evening of poems and music entwined through Time and Space, with readers Wendy Schulter and Madeline Smith. Misty Moon Gallery, 7.30pm
- Wednesday 4th June: Just Jones and Ros Philips present Brockley More – ten, tiny plays for, by and about Brockley. Jam Circus, 8pm
- Thursday 5th June: Up-beat folk band, Mackenzie Bidgood, will be playing their trademark mix of bluegrass, folk and swashbuckling sea shanties for a good, ole-fashioned hoe-down! Jam Circus, 7.30pm
- Thursday 5th June: A fusion of stand-up, storytelling and physcial comedy in 'Sex... with Pete Searles' Misty Moon Gallery, 8pm, £10/£7conc
- Friday 6th June: Spanish music with Los Musicos. The Wickham Arms, 9pm
- Saturday 7th June: Art in the Park - a creative day for all the family, centred around the Magical Marquee and filled with music, art and crafts. Hilly Fields, midday-6pm
- Saturday 7th June: Glitter-ball disco, courtesy of local club night, Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet! Prendergast School Hall, 7.30pm, £12 on the door
Visit the Brockley Max website to find out more about the programme. New events being added all the time.