Get involved with a community garden project in Tressillian Road

Pam writes:

I'm interested in creating a new Brockley community garden (or perhaps allotments) on a patch of land owned by the GLA at the bottom of Tressillian Road. The land has lots of well established trees and plenty of space to create a really beautiful garden which would turn this site from an eyesore into a wonderful resource for community groups.

Any hints, tips or offers to join in? I live near the site and when I spoke to Lewisham Council about the idea of turning it into a garden, they encouraged me to get more local support as a first step.

If people are interested, they can contact me via Twitter.

16 comments:

Emma said...

I live on Manor Avenue and would love to be involved. How do I sign up?

Bilbo said...

Sounds like a great project – where exactly is the site? (Which end of Tressillian Road is the bottom...?)

Maryam said...

I am in Brockley :) would love to help

Tremaine said...

Sounds like a great idea. I'd like to help.

Wild Brockley said...

Have a chat with the Breakspears Mews community garden people as they may be able to offer advice.

Alex said...

I think I know the patch you mean. I'd be interested in helping.

brockley man said...

Whats wrong with the trees on the site. How can u call it an "eyesore". Trees add value and soften the area.

Brockley Nick said...

Doesn't sound like she's dissing the trees.

Robert said...

Or Brockley Society - who helped the Breakspears Mews group with the funding applications, and other aspects of setting this garden up. Try chair@brockleysociety.org.uk

Robert said...

I am not sure which patch you are talking about though - is it adjacent Lewisham College, or near the railway line?

Tyrwhitt Michael said...

Do you mean the north or the south end? Top and bottom have no meaning with respect to roads, especially one which goes both up and down more than once.

Woman of Brockley said...

There is no plot of land that I know of that fits this description anywhere at the south end of Tressillian Road (ie the St Margaret's Rd end) so I imagine this must be near the railway line/Lesoco/Lewisham Way end.

Pbrock said...

Sounds like a great plan. How can I get involved?

brockley man said...

Went past there today. Bit of herring fencing closing off the entrance.
I would leave it as it is. Naturall looking.

MMC said...

I am local and have already expressed an interest via Twitter, no response as yet. I must say that the area is beautiful as it is couldn't call it an eyesore and is home for biodiversity but exam work with it. When will we hear back from you. Looking forward :-)

MMC said...

.. but *we can* work with it

Brockley Central Label Cloud