I, for one, welcome our new Talbot overlords

The Talbot pub on Tyrwhitt Road has been sold. New owner Lesley writes:

I'm the lucky new owner of The Talbot! Please do drop in to see myself or my partner Mike, if you have any questions or just want to say hello - one of us is always around.

The Talbot is a great local pub, serving fabulous food and super beer. I have some plans to make the place a little cosier and friendlier. We also have a lovely little function room (currently having a make over) that I'm happy for the Brockley community to use.

Were also having a party from 1pm on Bank Holiday Monday, 25 August 2014 - with all kinds of music, from classical to pop. We have some lovely music from Classical through to popular! Our chef will be serving up his wonderful selection of food from our new menu and we will have a great selection of craft beers.

We'll also be re-launching our website soon - you can visit it here.