This Girl Can Nordic Walk

Laura is a Nordic Walking instructor based in Brockley. She writes:

I am honoured to have been chosen from amongst 54 applicants to become a partner of London Sport This Girl Can campaign to support Sport England's campaign This Girl Can.

Since starting out in November 2011 I have taught over 250 Lewisham residents - men & women - to Nordic Walk in Ladywell Fields and Hilly Fields. 85% of my walkers are women – the youngest participant is 19 and the oldest 85.

I think my Nordic Walking ladies capture the spirit of This Girl Can so perfectly - these ladies don’t care how they look, if their bits wobble, if they get sweaty & red faced; they just love coming together for a brisk Nordic Walk!

This Sunday, for Mother’s Day, I will be doing a free Nordic Walking taster session at Hilly Fields at 3-4pm specifically aimed at Mothers and Daughters. I am hoping to get more 18+ girls and women active together.
Nordic Walkers in Hilly Fields
This event is part of the This Girl Can campaign programme in London. Anyone interested in signing up can do so by emailing me at brockleynordicwalking@gmail.com