Voting for the Best Newcomer 2015 Award is now open. Please head over to the right-hand side of the page to cast your vote for the best new local high street business of the year.
This year's list is the longest and strongest yet, with 15 entries, and it's hard to pick a clear favourite. There's plenty there for the hipsters, home-makers, foodies and those who just want their high streets to be useful places to shop, but little for the Brockley boozer.
Here are your choices:
- Bella Napoli - wood-fired pizza delivery service opposite the Barge
- Benedict's Coffee - earth-toned cafe in Crofton Park
- Blue Tit - midtown's high-end hair emporium
- The Delight House - a Lewisham Way patisserie-cum-cafe
- Heckstall & Smith - enthusiastic butchery in Ladywell
- Honeybourne’s - one gorgeous gift shop replaces another in Ladywell
- Jones of Brockley - beautifully presented deli in Crofton Park
- Longhorn Diner - small restaurant, big portions in Crofton Park
- L’Oculto - Spanish stars of Brockley Market go full-time on Loampit Hill
- Masala Wala - fun, friendly Pakistani restaurant in Brockley Cross
- Noak Bakehouse - a bakery-cafe hybrid on Mantle Road
- Paranhodu - well-reviewed Korean restaurant on Lewisham Way
- Spar - uncommonly eclectic high street supermarket on Mantle Road
- Wandsworth Sash Windows - colonial power descended on Crofton Park
- The Workshop - smart tailoring and alteration service on Ewhurst Road
You may vote for more than one business. Voting closes at midnight on NYE and the winner will be announced on January 1st. Last year's contest was won by The Brockley Deli, who joined an illustrious list of former title-holders.