Degustation for sale

Devastation! Coulgate Street's brilliant French deli Degustation is up for sale. Owner Augustin writes:

My endeavours have taken me abroad and although I am very attached to Degustation, which I set up in 2007 and have grown over the years with the help of Lila and Laurence, I have realised that I cannot continue to run it from afar. It's not fair on the customers and not fair on the team! 

I have just renewed the lease on 12 Coulgate Street for 5 years and I would like to sell it on as a going concern. I am available on this email for any questions or enquiry. Since I started the business in 2007 its growth has been steady and it still has a lot of potential for development despite being more than sound. It is time I let go and give someone else the opportunity to bring some fresh and new to Degustation. 

In the mean time, it is business as usual!

Though it's sad news, it's good to see a local high street business be offered for sale, rather than clung on to by someone without the time, resources or focus it needs.

Degustation was one of the very first good new high street businesses that opened in the Brockley Central era. At the time it opened, it seemed improbable that an area like this might attract a shop like it - today, it is one of a handful of good local delis, catering for proven local demand.