Tesco has revealed plans to redevelop its central Lewisham supermarket. Presumably mindful of the major influx of potential customers being lured to within walking distance by the Silk Mills and Renaissance developments, the designs place a lot of emphasis on improving pedestrian links to the shop.
- A modernised store offering a first class shopping experience within an improved environment
- A completely redesigned modern entrance opening out onto the Silk Mills path
- Landscape improvements to the walkway alongside the River Quaggy, creating an area of public space
- Enhancing the river with additional planting and gravel to improve its flow
- A completely redesigned car park with improved lighting to provide better security and safety
- Separate dedicated entrances for pedestrians, buses and cars to make access easier and safer