Sorting office hours should be for life, not just for Christmas

Melvyn wants to round up a posse of local residents to lobby for longer hours at Brockley Sorting Office. He writes:

I was so used to having to wait until Saturday to pick up packages that wouldn’t fit through the letterbox, that I almost missed the revised Xmas hours when the last advice card was left - they now open from 6.30 through to 17.30 Monday to Friday.

I at first thought this a welcome change to the ridiculously short window of time we normally have to collect parcels, but I was told it’s for the Xmas period only.

When I asked where to write to request the current service be extended all year around I was told that Royal Mail Customer Service was the probably only avenue.  Shame.  There must be some way to collectively put some pressure on Royal Mail to extend the old hours to something more practical? 

If you want to join Melvyn's movement for change, let him know in the comments below.