Brockley room rental prices

Brockley (circled in red) remains one of London's most affordable areas.

The Mayor of London's website now features a rent map of the capital, which tells you the average cost of renting on a postcode-by-postcode basis.

Brockley, like most of south east London, with the exception of Greenwich and Blackeath, is in the lowest price category, with the average cost of a one-bed flat ranging between £127-177 a week.

Interestingly, the median cost of a single room is £2 below the Lewisham average and £11 pounds below the London average. For larger properties, Brockley becomes more expensive than the Lewisham average (but still below the London average), with two-bed properties costing £6 a week more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a bit strange - when I was renting a room in Brockley almost 8 years ago I was paying £480 a month - and when I let a large room in my house 2 years ago I was able to get £600 a month for it.

Brockley Nick said...

Was it a nice room in a nice house on a nice road?

All these figures are averages. SE4 covers a large area.

Tressillian James said...

Very nice room 20 ft by 16 ft on Tressillian road - I think my house is nice.

The Cat Man said...

Hmm, I think the rent i offer people is cheap...

Hugh said...

Crafty way to sneak house prices back into the discussion. Approved.

Brockley Central Label Cloud

Click one of the labels below to see all posts on that subject. The bigger the label, the more posts there are!