Brockley's Economic Plan B

Hermes: We can't compete with Mom! Her company is big and evil! Ours is small and neutral! 
That Guy: Switzerland is small and neutral! We are more like Germany, ambitious and misunderstood! 
- Futurama

The future of UK manufacturing is in high-technology, high-skill, high value-added niche products.

Local bubble-master Lionel Stanhope has taken advantage of the weak pound and launched his own events company - Brockley Bubbles - supplying bubbles of a size and beauty that would make Germany's Mittelstand weep.

7 comments:

Hugh said...

We've all just lived through a huge bubble and it burst. Can he replace it?

dissapointed broken link discoverer said...

second linky no worky? (but it might just be my tempramental computer

Anonymous said...

My linky-winky was a wonky donkey too.

Brockley Nick said...

Sorry, link fixed.

Dan said...

'Catching' bubbles is such an anti-climax.

They look good though and I have seen him on the fields in the past

I agree it's niche but I wonder if Lionel sees a big market in kids parties and corporate events?

Also, what else is he developing?

Lady said...

Good luck to him! I totally wanted him to come and do his thing when we had a birthday picnic in Hilly Fields, but it didn't work out. Hoping this means he'll be up for it next year!

patrick1971 said...

Good luck to him, although if I were forced to attend a corporate event where we had to chase bubbles around a field, I think I'd shoot myself. That said, it's probably less ridiculous than some of the things I've had to do at corporate events in my time.

Brockley Central Label Cloud

Click one of the labels below to see all posts on that subject. The bigger the label, the more posts there are!