Behold: The Brockley Street Art Festival

Lester: It's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst.
- American Beauty

The Brockley Street Art Festival, which finished today, has produced so much amazing work, it needs another round-up. These artists have not only changed isolated, underloved spots, they have changed Brockley for generations, enhancing its sense of place and creating a new art trail that wends through Greater Brockley.

Please tell us which works are your favourites.











8 comments:

Alisam Fragrancers 😱👀 said...

All looks great where's the Bob Marley one?

Sarah said...

Sid's plumbing shop are the bad guys of the festival. After rejecting the first design last minute they okayed the artists second one only to pull out again AFTER she had White washed their wall! Looks to me like a Brockley business taking advantage of free scaffolding.

terrencetrentderby said...

Prices in Arica road should have come down a bit

Strve said...

Hard to pick. Loving the one going outside the co-op on Marnock rd at the moment. Where is the nightscape with cars?

brockleydad said...

They're all great - especially the Arica Road one. However, am I the only one to the find the Bob Marley mural on the Barge a bit cringe-worthy?

Crofty said...

I can't get over the one on the off-licence shutters on the corner of Brockley and Harefield Rds, spelling out "Brockley" in beautiful lettering (on previous posting about the street art). Literally made me stop agog in my tracks when I was walking past the other night. Whoever organised all this - thank you thank you!

Lionel Stanhope said...

Thank you Crofty, that is my work.

Crofty said...

It is fabulous, Lionel!

Brockley Central Label Cloud