Brockley Open Studios this weekend

Some of Aimee Henderson's work
The 2013 Brockley Open Studios takes place this weekend.

Artist Aimée Henderson is one of the 42 local artists taking part this year, and explains what the event means to her:

"I am opening up the wee studio at the back of my flat this year to take part. I have just completed my first year of the MFA Painting programme at the Slade School of Fine Art and I am using this opportunity to raise funds for my tuition fees for my final year.

"The Brockley Open Studios is an incredible opportunity to connect with the local community and show my work to a wider audience.

"I moved here from Scotland a year and a half ago to study at the Slade School of Art so am still new to the area. This is the first year I have taken part and it feels great to be a part of such an artistic community! I have thoroughly enjoyed flyering for the event and meeting other artists in the area."

To download a map of the event, click here.