Mock Brockley

Local film-maker Fred Rowson is planning a mockumentary film set in and around Brockley. We can't decide which is a better name for it: a Brockumentary or a Mockley.

The plot is Hancock meets Kick-Ass meets Mayor Bullock, as a "would-be Lewisham hero, with no powers has decided to quit. The film is about his last week on the job."

He is keen to involve some BC readers in its production and has asked whether any of you would like to volunteer to play a few roles.

In particular he's looking for:

"A cornershop/cornershop owner who wouldn't mind playing him/herself, some sort of local youth group, with members sort of 16 - 20ish, male and female, who would be interested in getting involved with a couple of reasonably big parts, and some smaller parts. No acting experience strictly necessary and, to some extent, the less the better. Would be a good opportunity to get people of that age involved in filmmaking. Beyond that, I'm also looking for a middle aged man, and, importantly, various abandoned buildings/alleys/backyards in any and all states of dilapidation that the owners wouldn't mind us taking over for the afternoon.

"The dates are, roughly, between the 10th and the 16th of August, and reasonably flexible (especially in exigent circumstances)."

If you're wondering whether Fred is worthy of your dramatic talents, then check out some excerpts of his recent work, 'The King of Deptford Creek' here.

If you're interested, please email us at the usual address [nick.barron@gmail.com] and we'll pass on your details.

10 comments:

Sir Larry said...

People have been surprised at my Lear, and my Hamlet has caused some astonishment.

Where do I park my winnebago?

Brockley Nick said...

Anywhere by Manor Ave! ;)

Sir Larry said...

My wife has two small African children she 'adopted' - is there a facility near Manor Avenue for the care of these children?

Tressilliana said...

I've seen one of Fred Rowson's films - I thought it was great. I don't think I can help with the project but wish him well!

PS Is it worth mentioning that he's Martin Rowson's son? Oh, I just did.

Anonymous said...

What was it about Tressi?

Upstager said...

Darling Sir Larry - Winnebago's really are a film industry myth, as you know. (I'll get production to find a spot for your 3-Way though)

Sir Larry said...

Upstager, lovie, take a moment will you?

*I* am a movie myth, or is that legend, and, no, I don't have a lisp.

If you see how well I fill my tights in *any* of the more rigorous shakespearian male leads you'd never call me 'duckie' in a light-hearted way again!

I'm off to teach your thesps Polari now.

pip pip

Headhunter said...

Manor Avenue will not stand for Winnebagos! Stick it in Ashby Mews by the grafitti

fred vest said...

"If you see how well I fill my tights in *any* of the more rigorous shakespearian male leads you'd never call me 'duckie' in a light-hearted way again!"

i read the above as:-

If you see how well I fit tightly in *any* of the more rigorous shakespearian male leads you'd never call me 'duckie' in a light-hearted way again!

oh how i laughed!

Sir Larry said...

My codpiece has never been the subject of mirth, wonder yes, but not mirth.

Brockley Central Label Cloud

Click one of the labels below to see all posts on that subject. The bigger the label, the more posts there are!